Learn About Baccarat Game

Although the baccarat game may seem difficult, it is actually one of the easiest options to play in the casino and it maintains a low house edge. This combination can make it a perfect fit for many players. Plus, this is the game featured in the classic James Bond movies, so it certainly has a certain appeal on the casino floor.

Baccarat Winning Odds

Baccarat Winning Odds

One of the basic characteristics of knowing how to play Baccarat online and in traditional casinos is understanding the odds of winning Baccarat. Calculating them is not difficult since there are only three bets you can place. That’s why comparing Baccarat to Blackjack or other options in roulette makes absolutely no sense in terms of winning potential.

Talking about the odds of winning Baccarat, the Banker’s chance of winning is rated at 45.86%, the Baccarat Player’s chance at 44.62%, and a Draw is the most unlikely outcome at 9.52%. The small difference on the Banker’s side is because the Banker’s result is determined last, which is a small advantage like in Blackjack.

Since most players will rationally choose the Banker for that reason, casinos will balance the odds of winning Baccarat by offering a typical commission of 5% called ‘vig’ (vigorish, also called juice). So if you bet $1000 on the Banker and the Banker wins, your profit will be $9500 instead of $1000.

Baccarat payouts and house advantage

Baccarat payouts and house advantage

This Baccarat game, loved by James Bond, has perhaps the lowest house edge (1.06%) compared to most other table/slot games, with the exception of Blackjack. For professional Baccarat players, the house edge is even lower at 0.5%, and for less skilled players the house edge is around 4%.

This means that the regular Baccarat win rate is rated at a staggering 98.94% over the long run!

Baccarat Side Bet

Now that you know how to play Baccarat, you may be interested in learning that many games also allow side bets, especially at traditional casinos. If you are someone who enjoys playing Baccarat online because of its famous low house edge, then you should avoid such types of side bets as they are more beneficial for the casino than for you. Of course, if you just want to be a little adventurous and take risks for a chance at a bigger reward, here are the Baccarat side bets you’ll most likely come across:

Xem Thêm  How to Play Baccarat: Rules, Tips, and Strategies

Double Bet on Banker and Baccarat Player

This side bet is only available in games played with eight decks of cards. It requires you to bet that there will be a pair dealt in the first two cards dealt to the Banker or Player. The house advantage of this side bet is 4.2%.

For better odds of winning Baccarat, you can bet specifically on the Banker or Player being dealt a pair.

Perfect Double Side Bet

  • Perfect Pairs require more than just a pair being dealt to the Banker or Player. Here you are betting that this pair will also have the same suit.
  • Not all Baccarat games offer these double side bets, but if they do, the table will have dedicated slots for Banker, Player, Perfect Pair and Pair. To bet on your selection of these bets, you simply move your chips to the correct area on the table.
  • Payouts on Pairs and Perfect Pairs vary between casinos. However, the most common payouts are as follows:
  • Perfect Pair: A pair of the same suit and rank pays 25:1
  • Player Pair: A pair of the same rank is dealt to the Player paying 11:1
  • Banker’s Pair: A pair of cards of the same rank is dealt to the Banker paying 11:1
  • Any Pair: A pair is dealt to the Player or Banker paying 5:1

Royal Pair Side Bet

Royal Pair bet is a bet on the Banker or Player being dealt a pair of King and Queen of the same or different suit in the first two cards. As you may have guessed, this side bet pays higher for the same suit than for a different suit.

For example, a pair of King and Queen of the same suit pays 75:1, while a pair of King and Queen of the same suit pays 30:1. This bet has a house advantage of 2.13%.

Side Bet – Over

These are Baccarat side bets on the total number of cards that will be dealt in a hand. We know that the minimum number of cards in this game is four. This is because two cards are always dealt to the Player and another two cards to the Banker.

Big: A bet that there will be five or six cards in a hand. This bet pays out at 2:1 and has a house edge of 4.35%.

Small: A bet that there will be four cards in a hand. This bet pays out at odds of 3:2 and has a house edge of 5.27%.

You must already know that in this game, cards are dealt according to strict rules and players do not make any decisions. Therefore, the element of luck plays the main role here, and being an expert bettor is not the key factor, so even the best Baccarat betting strategy will not increase your odds of winning.

Xem Thêm  What is Klondike? – One of the popular casino games

However, there are some ways for you to play Baccarat with less losses. For example, when discussing the Baccarat strategy, JILI77‘s top advice is to avoid Tie bets and side bets that may seem attractive but often have a higher house advantage. Let’s look in more detail at some of these useful Baccarat tips.

Do not bet on Draw

We have already mentioned the extremely low house edge on Player and Banker bets, and the much higher house edge on Tie bets. This is a good reason to avoid it.

Banker bet

Banker bets have the lowest house advantage so bet on this bet.

Avoid Side Bets

They give the house a bigger advantage, so you should avoid them if you are playing Baccarat for money and not for fun and excitement.

Play Baccarat with fun

Play Baccarat with fun

Playing Baccarat online can be really fun, so prepare your favorite drinks and snacks and enjoy it to the fullest by taking your time with each bet. Now that you know all this useful information, check out our list of the best Baccarat site offers and start your exciting online journey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *